The 1-26 Association is seeking to assist student glider pilots under the age of 18 to attain their Glider Private Pilot rating. The scholarship funds of up to $1000 may be used at any gliderport, commercial or club. The applicant must have successfully passed the FAA Knowledge Test for Glider Pilot, or be seeking a glider add-on rating, and have had at least three glider training flights with a CFIG.
Applicants must submit the following:
- A current photo of the applicant, preferably with a 1-26 glider.
- An essay of 500 words or less explaining your goals, how this scholarship will help you meet your goals, your soaring accomplishments to date, associated soaring activities, and how soaring a 1-26 will fit into your pursuit of a glider private license.
- A scanned copy of your latest logbook entry, or current FAA Private Pilot license, that shows total flights and hours.
- Evidence that you have passed the FAA Knowledge Test for Glider Pilots (not required for add-on rating)
- A letter of recommendation from your primary CFIG.
- The name and address of the gliderport where you train.
All of the above application requirements are be submitted via e-mail PDF format (except photo in JPG or PNG), with attachments, to the President, 1-26 Association at firstname.lastname@example.org